Black or White? Be what you want to be


Hi there! Today I'm going to share with you a quick black and white card using some So Suzy Stamps supplies.
The sentiment says "Be what you want to be" - one of the most important mantra in my life. 

Ciao a tutti! Oggi torno a pubblicare per So Suzy Stamps questa velocissima card in bianco e nero, realizzata utilizzando timbri di So Suzy.
L'augurio recita "Sii ciò che tu vuoi essere" - una dei mantra più importanti per me.


I thought the Fancy Butterfly should have worked well with this quote, that reminded me a dramatic movie: The Black Swan. 

Ho pensato che la Fancy Butterfly sarebbe stata benissimo con questa frase, che mi ha ricordato un film drammatico che mi ha molto colpito: il Cigno Nero.


This is the story of a dancer, a ballet company and the production of "Swan Lake". This ballet requires a dancer who can play both the White Swan with innocence and grace, and the Black Swan, who represents experience and sensuality. As Yin and Yang, everyone has light and dark forces that are opposite but complementary too: we can choose "what we want to be"everyday.
So I thought "What about a black and white butterfly?"

Il film narra la storia di una ballerina, una compagnia di ballo e la messa in scena del Lago dei Cigni. Questo balletto richiede una ballerina che possa interpretare sia la parte del Cigno Bianco con innocenza e grazia, sia quella del Cigno Nero, che rappresenta l'esperienza, l'inganno e la sensualità. Come Yin e Yang, ognuno ha luci e ombre che si oppongono e al contempo sono complementari: possiamo scegliere ogni giorno da che parte stare e chi vogliamo essere.
Per cui ho pensato "E se realizzassi una farfalla in bianco e nero?"


This is a really simple card. I just heat set two Fancy Butterflies: I stamped the first one on a piece of white cardstock and I covered it with black embossing powder, while for the second one I used white embossing powder on a piece of black cardstock. I cut the butterflies in a half - so that you could create 2 cards in a row. Then I took two different halves and I glued them down on a piece of grey cardstock. I stamped the sentiment on a white cardstock using some Jet Black Stazon Ink in order to have a good impression. I sticked the butterfly down and the card is finished.

La card è molto semplice: di seguito trovate anche un brevissimo video tutorial sottotitolato in inglese, per cui riassumo qui i punti fondamentali. Ho embossato due farfalle: la prima stampata su del cartoncino bianco con della polvere nera, la seconda all'opposto. Ho tagliato le due farfalle in due metà - così è possibile creare due card in una volta sola. Poi ho preso le due diverse metà e le ho incollate su del cartoncino grigio che ho ritagliato come fosse una cornice. Ho stampato la frase con dello Stazon nero e ho incollato la farfalla.

This is a video tutorial showcasing how I made this card:


You May Also Like

2 commenti